Come Join Our Team!!!
We are Hiring!
The Friend’s House
Do to his move from the area to care for his family,
we are needing to fill the Assistant Manager position for the Men’s House in Rockland.
Mid-Coast Recovery Coalition provides a healthy environment for families, healing the effects of drug addiction and re-integration into the community through our two certified recovery residences
Mid-Coast Recovery Coalition – Assistant House Manager
Assistant House Managers must have a desire to support people in recovery. This role is the primary source of support for residents in recovery. The work is challenging and rewarding. The job requires a balance of compassion and structure. Leadership, Staff and Residents will turn to and rely on the Assistant House Manager. Because of this, good judgment, ability to solve problems and reliability are paramount. The Assistant House Manager reports to the House Manager.
It is a full time position, with days and hours to be assigned after hire. This will be decided after discussion and agreement with the House Manager. Must be flexible. On call will be required every 2 weeks.
Assistant House Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Be physically present in house during scheduled shifts, unless assisting residents with rides, etc.
- Complete reports as requested by House Manager
- Support residents in meeting house rules and guidelines
- Special attention to house rules affecting safety of others
- Report significant issues in a timely manner
- Support onboarding of new residents
- Help connect individual residents with appropriate resources based on individual plans, individual goals and ongoing conversations
- Conduct and document weekly check-in meetings with each resident based on individual plans
- Monitor for resident use of substance use, including use of drug testing
- Complete minor maintenance and/or report any maintenance issues to house supervisor
- Understand emergency procedures
- Narcan location and use
- Who to contact depending on nature of issue
- Oversee volunteers if present during shift
- Contact House Manager if guidance is needed
- Conduct weekly inventory of the house (food, supplies, toiletries, etc.)
- Ensure house laundry is processed weekly
- Attend team meetings as needed
- Participate in Recovery coaching or other skills development (training provided)
- Participate in Fundraising events for the coalition.
Requirements: **Please include cover letter with resume.
High school diploma or equivalent as well as knowledge of substance use disorder. Bachelor’s and/or other advanced degree is a plus.
Supervisory experience is desired. Compassion and understanding of residents is expected.
References will be required if interview is requested.
A valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Paid time off after 90 days
- 8 hour shift
CDC guidelines are followed
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply.
**Position also posted on INDEED**